Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I GOT PUBLISHED!!!

Last month I became a member of The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS), which is an honors society that helps its members obtain certain tools to reach their goals. It provides its members with different opportunities such as scholarships, while also other activities to get involved, including the new TalkNerdy2Me: A College Life Blog. Naturally, I was interested to get involved with this one. ;)

TalkNerdy2Me premiered in late March, so it is a relatively new blog. I noticed that the NSCS Facebook fan page posted the lastest issue so I decided to take a look at it. As I was reading it, I came across a headline that says "From Entertaining to Annoying: How College Ruined Cheesy Pop Culture". It looked interesting, so I decided to read it. As I was reading the first paragraph, I thought it sounded familiar, and then realized it was my piece that I had submitted! It came as a surprise to me because the editor told me that she would be able to use it April 20, so this is sooner than I expected.

I am so excited and honored to have my first blog post in TalkNerdy2Me published today! You get to read me discuss Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan (vaguely), "Dancing with the Stars" "American Idol," "The Bachelor," and what I have to endure when checking my e-mail. Enjoy! :D

Proud to be a pop geek!

No comments:

Post a Comment