Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy One Year Anniversary to "Taking it One 'Stef' at a Time!" Part 1

Happy New Year 2012 Everyone! Let's all make this a great one! :D

Can you believe that exactly one year ago today I created "Taking it One 'Stef' at a Time?" I did it as a way to create new beginnings for the year 2011 and it was by far one of the best decisions of my life. I love this blog because it is a way to outlet my opinions and showcase my writing. Thank you to all those who appreciate my blog and have been reading it this past year! Here's to plenty more reading and writing in 2012!

To celebrate, let's take a look back at the Top Ten Most Popular Blog Posts of "Taking it One 'Stef' at a Time" during the first year of its run. I'm proud that these made the list because I consider these some of my best writing on this blog. A good majority of them are the pieces I wrote about sex, actually. Imagine that, sex being a popular thing to read about. Shocker.

#10 Real Influential Women Role Models (Real and Fictious): Kahlan Amnell and Cara Mason
Published: March 11, 2011
Page Views: 55
I'm actually pretty surprised this post made my Top Ten List as opposed to other ones. I actually felt that other posts from the 2011 edition of this series were more popular than this one, though I did often see this one show up in my list of most recently viewed posts, so I guess this isn't much of a surprise after all since it is one of the most popular posts of the series so far. Not that I'm complaining ;). This post is actually one of my favorites from the series and I had a lot of fun writing it because both Kahlan and Cara are very strong unique female characters from a very interesting story. I wouldn't consider them very popular characters, however, so that is another reason why I enjoyed showcasing them.

#9 Virginity...for Men
Published: December 27, 2011
Page Views: 69
I'm very impressed that this post made the list because I posted this one just last week. A lot of people "liked" it and it got a lot of comments and instigated plenty of discussions. I'm very happy that this post has/had such a positive following. The message I send through it is very important to me. I felt that it was something that needed to be said, so here's to hoping that it might start some kind of revolution.

#8 Women Enjoy Sex. Get Over It.
Published: October 19, 2011
Page Views: 85
Needless to say I was pretty angry when I wrote this one. I was actually in the process of writing another blog post or a paper when I felt that this one couldn't be delayed. Like #9, this one also sends a message that is very important to me and I am proud that it is a popular post. I often see it show up in my list of recently viewed posts. Maybe this one will also start a revolution and help people celebrate female sexuality and discontinue uses of words that downplay it. I can often refer back to it when I write other posts on here.

#7 Discussing Theatrical Nudity with Professor and Director Susan Kerner
Published: September 23, 2011
Page Views: 88
I'm kind of surprised and disappointed that none of my "Peak Performances and their Awkward Sexual Moments" posts made the list, but this one counts considering it is a spinoff of that series. I'm very happy with how enthusiastic my professor was during our interview. It was a very intelligent discussion. I got my answers about theatrical nudity, something I had been wondering about for a while. Ever since then she has been a proud supporter of my blog. It's nice that one of my blog posts involving theater, especially theater at my school, made this list, because this is the only one to do so.

#6 Genitalia: Should it be Discussed on TV?
Published: July 8, 2011
Page Views: 111
Yes. This. There's always a big debate of what should or should not be censored and for what reasons. This is me basically stating my argument against what is considered taboo about sex in the world and what we should do about it or if we should do anything about it at all.

So what blog post made #1? Stay tuned! I will post the Top 5 Blog Posts of All Time later on tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment