Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Frank Galati's The Grapes of Wrath Now in my Possession (Sort of)

I've been wanting to show you something. A few weeks ago I went to the library and found this book!


This is the script form of John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath, written by Frank Galati, the one I saw performed at MSU! I had always wanted to read it, and now I am able to! It is actually a pretty quick read as opposed to the actual performance.

I told myself that if I ever got my hands on the script, I would find a particular part and take a picture of it, and that's exactly what I did.

Why this excerpt is relevant...

Isn't it great that this part showed up on a page that is easy to find? I looked for it the night I took it home from the library and found it right away!


I always wanted to find this part written in the script, and now I did it. Another thing I want to do is find this part written in the actual novel and take a picture of that.

I'm going to also see if I can find a copy of the script for myself to own as well. It brings back a lot of memories.

(By the way, in the script, it is actually written that the characters pronounce Rose of Sharon as "Rosasharn." This is something I always wondered as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment