Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to "Taking it One 'Stef' at a Time!"

Greetings! and welcome to my blog "Taking it One 'Stef' at a Time."

My name is Stef (short for Stefanie) and the title is a play on words "Taking it one step at a time." I choose this title because a) it goes well with my name and b) the saying itself represents where I am in my life right now.

Happy New Year 2011! I consider this new year to be full of new experiences and new beginnings for me. It is a time for me to become a whole new confident Stef who does not look down on herself or constantly compare herself to others, which is something I have a tendency to do. I am proud of myself and the life I have lived and want to begin the new year not thinking otherwise.

Currently I am a sophomore at Montclair State University and I am on the fence about what my life holds for me, though I do have an idea about what I like and what I do not. All I know is I love to write and I have known this since I was two years old (yes, two!). Right now I am on my winter break so it has given me the chance to write leisurely as opposed to writing essays, and beings though I am indeed an English major, I write a lot of them lol.

I am also a huge fan of theater but have had experience in the journalism field as well since high school, so for the longest time I have felt torn between the two. But then I realized that I love reviewing theater, which is what I currently do for Montville Patch and The Montclarion, MSU's newspaper. That is what I plan on writing about for a majority of "Taking it One 'Stef' at a Time," along with anything else that's on my mind that is worth writing about.

Considering I am a writer, people have asked me if I blog or have encouraged me to blog. I have seen my friends blog and my father currently has his own blog as well (http://sgswrite.com/blog/), so I figured I'd give it a try--FINALLY. I figured the new year is a perfect time to begin and thought that Blogger was a great place to start for a beginner like me. I am really excited but I'm a bit nervous about it as well because sometimes I can be a little overprotective of my writing, experience writer's block, and it's just that I am a private person in general, but I have been wanting to do this since I began writing Facebook Notes so I figure that this is an evolution. :)

When I return back to school, I plan on continuing with "Taking it One 'Stef' at a Time," but because this is my first attempt at blogging I ask you please bear with me any flaws my blog may have or if it is not as consistent. But hey, it looks like fun, and I am extremely excited! Wish me luck and enjoy! ;)

-Stef

P.S. I also look forward to any constructive feedback you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment